AZ State Seal

Name Change Process


I am filing for a divorce.  I would like my maiden name back.  What do I do?

There is a section on your Petition for Dissolution of Marriage that addresses this issue.  Please refer back to your instructions that came with your packet.  If you are the Respondent and you wish to have your maiden name restored, the packet contains a form entitled "Request to Restore Maiden Name" that you can fill out and file with the Clerk's Office.

  • What if I am already divorced and I wish to have my maiden name given back to me?

Once the divorce has become final and the issue of restoring your maiden name was not addressed, you will need to file for a name change with the court.

  • I would like to change the name of my child and amend the birth certificate to reflect the new name.  What do I do?

If you want to amend the birth certificate to reflect the father's last name and the parents were not married, you can file to establish paternity.  If you want to legally change the name of a minor child, use the appropriate legal form and file them with the court. 

Name Change Forms
Name Change for an Adult
Name Change for a Family
Name Change for a Minor




Clerk's Links

Clerks Home Page

Court Fee Schedule

Court Forms

Court Copies

Jury Duty

Public Access

100 years Superior Court Clerk History




Kingman . 415 Spring Street . P.O. Box 7000 . 86402 . (928)753-0713

Lake Havasu City . 2001 College Drive . 86404 . (928)453-0701

Bullhead City . 2225 Trane Road . 86442 .(928)758-0730

Email us at