Clerks Office - Marriage License Process





Instruction for Completing Application

You may not apply by mail if you are under eighteen (18) years of age.  It is necessary to apply in person because parental consent is required by law.  If you are fifteen (15 years of age or younger, permission from a Superior Court Judge, in the form of a court order, is required before your application will be accepted.  Please call (928) 753-0713 for further information about this process.  You must apply in person for a covenant marriage license or covenant conversion license.  You must also apply in person if you are related to the person you are going to marry.  These licenses can be issued at our Kingman, Bullhead, or Lake Havasu City offices.

Please complete all areas of the application form, taking care to PRINT or TYPE information carefully and legibly.  Your legal name should be noted as it appears on your formal identification including your full middle name, i.e. driver's license, employment identification,  or immigration papers.

State law requires that all of the requested information MUST be provided, including your age, place of residence, and social security number.  If you do not have a social security number you must indicate so on the form.

Please note that missing or illegible information will prevent us from issuing a marriage license.

A copy of a valid driver's license, passport, or other appropriate identification for both the groom and bride must be included with this application.

When the form has been completed, mail it to:

Clerk of Superior Court
Attn:  Marriage License Department
P.O. Box 7000
Kingman, Arizona  86402

The Marriage License by Mail Application Form can also be faxed to the Clerk's Office at (928) 753-0781.  You may also use this completed application form to apply in person.  Both the prospective bride and groom must be present when applying in person.  This can be done at the following locations:

Clerk of Superior Court
401 E. Spring St.
Kingman, AZ  86401
(928) 753-0713

Monday-Friday 8:00a-5:00p

Clerk of Superior Court
2225 Trane Road
Bullhead City, AZ  86442
(928) 758-0730

Monday-Friday 8:30a-12:00p, 1:30p-4:30p

Clerk of Superior Court
2001 College Drive
Lake Havasu City, AZ  86404
(928) 453-0701

Monday-Friday 8:30a-12:00p, 1:30p-4:30p

If you choose to apply by mail, a form will be mailed to you with further instructions.  It will be necessary for you to sign this sworn statement (affidavit) in the presence of a notary public and return it to this office with the $76.00 fee plus $7.00 for postage and handling (or include a self addressed stamped envelope) in the form of a personal check, cashier's check, money order or you may pay with a credit card (Visa or Mastercard). If you wish to use a credit card, please fill out the following form (Credit Card Form).

Once payment has been received, we will issue your marriage license and mail it to you.  It is important that we have your current address and telephone number at all times.


Click here for Marriage License Application