SEX OFFENDER SUPERVISION
The sex offender program in Mohave County utilizes Probation Officers that are specialized and trained in treatment methods, supervision strategies, community notifications, polygraphs, and many other tools. This specialized caseload maintains a much higher contact level with the offender, and very strict compliance is expected from the offenders. They must follow the specialized sex offender conditions of probation and any applicable State Statute.
Ultimately, the goal is to manage the offender through increased supervision and surveillance and modify deviant behavior with treatment. All sex offenders’ risks and needs are evaluated using Evidence Based Practice tools and they are supervised accordingly. Depending upon a sex offender’s risk level and offense, community notifications may be delivered, and the offender may be tracked by a GPS device.
Sex Offender Terms
In addition to the uniform conditions of probation, and statutory guidelines, sex offenders may have the following special terms:
1. Do not initiate, establish or maintain contact with any male or female child under the age of 18, or attempt to do so, without prior written approval of the probation officer, as may be amended. Sign and abide by the Probation Department definition of “no contact.”
2. You shall not reside with any child under the age of 18 or contact your children in any manner, without the prior written approval of the Court or the Probation Officer.
3. Do not enter the premises, travel past, or loiter near where the victim resides without prior written approval of the Probation Officer. Do not correspond, have telephone contact or communicate with the victim through a third party.
4. Do not go to or loiter near places primarily used by children under the age of 18 such as, but not limited to, schools, school yards, parks, playgrounds, arcades, swimming pools, parades, carnivals, circuses, etc. without prior written approval of the Probation Officer.
5. Do not knowingly date or socialize with any person who has children under the age of 18 without prior written approval of the Probation Officer.
6. Attend, actively participate, and successfully complete sex offender treatment and remain in such treatment at the direction of the Probation Officer.
7. Submit to any program of psychological, physiological, or ongoing risk assessment at the direction of the Probation Officer, including, but not limited to, the penile plethysmograph and/or the polygraph, to assist in treatment, planning, and monitoring.
8. Authorize therapists to disclose to the Court and Probation Department information about your attendance and progress in treatment.
9. Register as a sex offender with the Sheriff of the county in which you reside within 10 days of sentence and/or change of residence and comply with all D.M.V. identification requirements pursuant to A.R.S. 13-3821 and 13-3822.
10. Submit DNA testing pursuant to A.R.S. 31-281.
11. Abide by curfew imposed by Probation Officer.
12. Do not possess, or in any way attempt to obtain by telephone or any other instrument, any sexually stimulating or sexually oriented material in any form as deemed inappropriate by treatment staff, or patronize any adults-only establishment where material is available.
13. Be responsible for your appearance, including but not limited to, the wearing of undergarments and appropriate non-sexually stimulating clothing in locations where another person may be expected to view you.
14. Do not possess, use, or have access to any computer or similar equipment that has internet capability without prior written permission by your Probation Officer.
15. Do not hitchhike or pick up hitchhikers.
16. Do not operate a motor vehicle without prior written approval of your Probation Officer.
17. An in-custody defendant may be released to the Probation Department and returned to the Mohave County Jail only for the purpose to attend, participate, and complete any and all sex offender testing, therapy, and counseling as may be required by the Probation Department without further Court order.
Related Regulations and Websites
If you have any questions or any issues regarding probationers on the sex offender case load please feel free to contact the Probation Department at (928) 753-0741.
Kingman . 809 E. Beale St. 86402 . (928)753-0741
Lake Havasu City . 2001 College Drive # 129. 86404 . (928)453-0707
Bullhead City . 5287 Hwy. 95 So. Suite #1 . 86426 .(928)768-7081
Arizona Strip . St. George Ut, 84790. 352 E. Riverside Dr., Suite B2 (928)279-0329